It’s Small Business Week, but many entrepreneurs feel more like burying their face in their hands instead of celebrating.
This a personal opinion column that is distinct from OBJ’s municipal election news coverage, and this column does not suggest an endorsement from our newsroom.
In its latest consumer price index report, Statistics Canada said the slight deceleration from 7.0 per cent inflation in August is mostly attributed to lower gas prices.
"What we really need to focus on now is our numbers. What’s the ask? If it’s too high, you lose credibility. If it’s too low, the dragons may opt out because you lack sustainability."
- Co-owner and vice-president of marketing, Steve Wilson, tells OBJ that Escape Manor is ready to get back to in-person business in a big way, thanks…
- Ottawa entrepreneurs Mike Karpishka and Gaby Saucedo, who made the cut for this season of CBC’s Dragons’ Den, share what it was like to prepare and…
- SPONSOREDThe Ericsson-Carleton mobile wireless lab offers a vital space for strategic collaboration.
Ross Video, RVezy, and Solace were added to Communitech's roster of top-performing companies, known as Team True North.
Ottawa’s local political and business leaders have done a more effective job at navigating the pandemic and positioning the economy for a quick recovery than either the provincial or federal…
- Ever want to peek inside the minds of highly successful CEOs? This event sees local CEOs share their personal success stories and challenges.
- The Ottawa Board of Trade and Ottawa Business Journal are excited to be back for a complete in-person experience at the beautiful National Gallery of Canada. Enjoy a gourmet dinner, share real…
With demand for electric vehicles growing, Cyclic Materials seeks to recycle the rare earth elements needed to power them
This Kingston company is intent on providing the rare earth elements essential to transitioning from fossil fuels by recycling rather than mining them.
Local officials are both frightened and excited as they begin making plans to work with Umicore N.V., a multinational technology company that recently announced a $1.5-billion investment in Loyalist…
Not only did these companies achieve high rates of revenue growth, but they did so during one of the most challenging times in recent history.
- The debate over downtown parking fees comes as the issue of revitalizing Ottawa’s COVID-battered core is taking centre stage among many business…
‘Playing the long game’: Ottawa restaurants adjust business models to grapple with labour shortage, inflationRestaurants in Canada are raising prices, shrinking menus and reducing hours in a bid to survive inflation and labour shortages, a new report says,…
CANADA - WORLD
The think tank says it expects there will be essentially zero economic growth from the second half of this year through to the first quarter of 2023.
Consumers have become more pessimistic about inflation in the short run, while business expectations for inflation have eased.
Expert say that demand could spike further if remaining COVID-19 restrictions such as vaccine mandates are lifted, encouraging travellers who were previously hesitant to fly due to the restrictions.
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of bikini lines? If you’re part of Ottawa’s tech scene, you might think of an up-and-coming startup that’s turning heads.
- The pandemic may have knocked large-scale fundraisers to their knees these last couple of years but Fight for the Cure has never gone down for the count.
- Decisive positions itself as a “digital transformation” partner for public and private sector organizations, and OBJ talks to CEO Mitchell Carkner in this episode of Techopia Live.
- One of Ottawa’s most iconic technology companies is changing its brand after 37 years and boldly looking to the future.
- The foundation beneath Cornerstone Housing for Women got a whole lot stronger on Saturday as a sold-out crowd of 250 supporters turned out to donate, dance and do good.